Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting solution pertains to depositing and/or sharing specific web content on a server handled by a website hosting provider. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's survey them. Doing so, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to set up a web site, mail accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given vendors, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely fallacious interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would divide the load between separate groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different web page hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific providers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share a great amount of images with buddies or partners since the service is mostly free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to handling your email aliases. Some suppliers offer web space hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you want to have a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of videos and several hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your website hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to administer as many video files as you desire without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to run a web site. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mail aliases, upload video files, and so on. At Straight Talk Technical Services, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single location. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for particular content solely.